Note, in general, that:
- The rates suggested are for limited licences to use copyright work: each extra use licensed attracts an extra fee;
- Rates for online use should reflect the fact that you are effectively granding a worldwide licence;
- Licences should therefore be for a specified period of time;
- The suggested rates are minima from which freelances negotiate upward according to the value of the work; and
- Freelances who are registered for VAT will add it to every invoice.
This section is due to be updated again soon. So it's especially important that send us your accounts of successful negotiations for licensing video.
Text © Mike Holderness & previous contributors; Moral rights asserted. The collection (database right) © National Union of Journalists. Comments to email@example.com please. You may find the glossary helpful.
The National Union of Journalists must not, can not and would not wish to dictate rates or terms of engagement to members or to editors. The information presented here is for guidance and as an aid to equitable negotiation only.
Suggestions apply to contracts governed by UK law only. In any event, nothing here should be construed as legal advice.