Photography / Videography
Please note that a day's shooting requires at least one and frequently two following days of editing/production.
The suggested rates
Read me first! Photography / Videography: advice
See also: notes on negotiating rates for this work
See also: reported rates, to compare: Photography / Videography
Know a better rate? Tell us!
Please note that the suggested rates below are minima; that rates for copyright works are for limited licences; and that VAT is not included.
RATES: Commissions by the day
Please do send more market price information for comparison, using the link above.
|Day shooting - including equipment||550.00
- Note that under UK law copyright in freelance videography belongs to the videographer, as the person responsible for the video production. See Videography advice, linked above, for further advice on your rights.
- When comparing rates with traditional TV practice, note that day rates for TV freelances are generally quoted not including equipment hire.
- The above rates apply only to immediate usage agreed with the client - not repeat use, syndication or sub-licensing.
- See Videography advice, linked above, for further advice on your rights.
- Note that under UK law copyright in freelance videography belongs to the videographer, as the person responsible for the video production.
Browse a selection of NUJ freelances with relevant skills through the Freelance Directory:
Text © Mike Holderness & previous contributors; Moral rights asserted. The collection (database right) © National Union of Journalists. Comments to email@example.com please. You may find the glossary helpful.
The National Union of Journalists must not, can not and would not wish to dictate rates or terms of engagement to members or to editors. The information presented here is for guidance and as an aid to equitable negotiation only.
Suggestions apply to contracts governed by UK law only. In any event, nothing here should be construed as legal advice.