Getting Started as a Freelance
The NUJ is hoping to run the popular course on
"Getting Started as a Freelance"
in the Manchester office on Saturday 6 March from 9.30am to 4pm. It
will offer much useful advice, whether you are a freelance already or not:
- setting yourself to decide what you can offer as a freelance journalist;
- how to go about looking for work;
- interacting with editors and others who might commission your work;
- doing deals that, it is to be hoped, will stick;
- a bit about finance and tax;
- what you can do when things go wrong;
- heading off problems such as clients not paying up;
- copyright; and
- taxation at source on shift payments.
The cost will be £35 for members
and £45 for non-members. For more details, or to book, ring 020 7843
3717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The earlier you book, the
more likely it is that the course will go ahead.
The course will next run in London on Saturday 24 April from 10.00 to
4.30 at Headland House.