MEMBERS WHO identify as Black are encouraged to attend the NUJ's Black Members' Council annual conference on Saturday 14 April at Headland House, the union's headquarters in London.
The theme will be "New new media - start-ups, blogs and hyper locals: a new era in journalism?" and speakers will include:
- Salina Christmas - online editor and digital anthropologist;
- Damien Gayle - London-based online journalist, working for Mailonline and his own website;
- Connie St Louis - Director, Science Journalism, City University and award-winning freelance broadcaster and journalist;
- Tom Davies - NUJ National Executive member and sub-editor on the Guardian; and
- Fatima Roels - Consultant and strategist with Digital subject-matter expertise. She has delivered digital training and strategy within Consumer Products and Retail, and has deep experience in online services and relationship marketing within the Telecoms and Professional Services sectors.
All Black media workers are welcome but only NUJ members will be able to vote on motions and elect members to the BMC.
You need to register to attend: see the link below.